Talos Energy is a technical operating, independent oil and gas exploration and production company. They acquire most of their assets around and in the Gulf Coast and the Gulf of Mexico. This progressive company was founded in January of 2012. This Houston, Texas based company has recently had explosive success in their many new business ventures.Talos Energy LLC and Stone Energy Corp recently came together to merge all of their stock. Thus, forming a new company known as, Talos Energy Inc. Talos Energy stakeholders will own 63 percent, while Stone Energy holders own the other 37 percent. According to SEC prices, combining these 2 successful companies awarded Talos Energy Inc with 136 millions of barrels of oil equivalent in reserves.
Which, based on this new discovery, probably has increased significantly.Talos Energy is also part of a major Zama oil discovery project, located in block 7 of the Sureste basin, right off the shore of the Port of Dos Bocas in Mexico. Zama-1 well was the first to be drilled and explored after Mexico was awarded their first international license in 2015. In 2017 they discovered an oil-bearing opening. Talos Energy, premier oil and Sierra Oil and Gas are currently negotiating with PEMEX on the appraisal drilling plan. The plan seems to be heading in the right direction with talk of drilling by early 2019.
Talos Energy remains the main operator in the Zama oil project and owns 35 percent interest in block 7. While Sierra oil and gas own 40 percent and Premier oil owns 25 percent.There is a drill ship mobilized and ready to start the temporary suspension of the wells. The permanent abandonment of the wells will be subsequent to their temporary suspension. However, government approval is needed for the field abandonment and decommissioning plan. All the while the floating production storage and offloading vessel is being prepared for sail. So far, the progress is steady for securing the specific permits needed to move forward with the potential drilling campaign of 2019 and 2020.